Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Big Boss Dijon Salad Dressing



This is my first post inspired by my recent to trip to Paris and Menton (a town on the French Riviera).  Before you go thinking I am J. Lo here jetting off to the Riviera, we did a home exchange 3 years ago where people came to stay at our place for 2 weeks and we stayed at thier place in Menton for one week.  We were owed a week and cashed in over March break holiday.  A trip report complete with pics is in the works.

I find that when I travel, after a few days away from home, I am craving vegatables.  Brocolli stir fry and carrots with dip run through my thoughts.  Don't get me wrong I love a good French baguette.  When travelling with my girlfriends after university I would buy one for myself almost each day.  Luckily we were walking alot which counteracted the baguette obsession:)

After a day in Paris eating...what else..baguettes and a day on a train I was in search of veggies.  When we arrived in Menton it was late afternoon and the sun was shining.  We decided to stop for a bite at a restaurant on the water.  The place was called "The Big Boss" and I ordered "The Big Boss Salad".  The salad had ham, tomatoes, onions, and avocado over lettuce.  It was the dressing that really got me through.  It was packed with dijon mustard and super tangy.  Below is my version of that dressing.  I have always preferred making my own salad dressings.  Cheaper than store bought and you know what is in it.  Also, because I am not a fan of cream sauces, a simple oil and vinegar based dressing tends to be my fav.



















Big Boss Dijon Salad Dressing

3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Give it a vigourous whisk with a fork and pour over your favourite salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment